Students at Corpus Christi College enjoy the opportunities and rewards that being a member of the School brings. It is subsequently expected that Students will uphold the ethos of the School within and without and in all Social Media interactions. Students will not act in such a way that the image of the School is brought into disrepute nor in a way that harms members of the School community. Social Media can be, when appropriate, an effective educative and social tool and is commonly used by the Corpus Christi College community to express their views, comments, ideas and criticism on a whole range of issues.
Corpus Christi College expects Students to use Social Media in a respectful and responsible manner. Social Media should not be used to insult, present offensive or inappropriate content or to misrepresent the School or any member of the School community.
The purpose of this Policy is to set standards of behaviour for the use of Social Media that are consistent with the broader values and expectations of our community.
Social media is the production, consumption and exchange of information through online social interactions and platforms. It encompasses popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and also includes blogs, forums, wikis, photo galleries and videos.
Students are expected to show respect to others, including members of the School community. Students are also expected to give due respect to the reputation and good name of the School.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
When using Social Media, students are expected to ensure that they:
- Online behaviour should at all times demonstrate a Christ-centered respect for the dignity of each person.
- Staff and student online interaction must occur only in an educational context.
- Respect the rights and confidentiality of others.
- Do not impersonate or falsely represent another person.
- Do not bully, intimidate, abuse, harass or threaten others.
- Do not make defamatory comments.
- Do not use offensive or threatening language or resort to personal abuse towards each other or members of the Corpus Christi College Community.
- Do not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or incites violence against others.
- Do not harm the reputation and good standing of Corpus Christi College or those within its community.
- Do not film, photograph or record members of the School community without express permission of the School or use film, photographs or recordings without express permission of the above.
BREACH OF THIS POLICY
A breach of this policy may also involve a breach of other Corpus Christi College policies, and should be read in conjunction with the:
- Student Code of Conduct
- ICT Acceptable Use Policy
- Social Media Code of Ethics
A breach of this policy will be considered by the Principal or their Delegates and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
All reports of cyber bullying and other technology misuses will be investigated fully and may result in a notification to Police where the College is obliged to do so. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to, the loss of computer privileges, detention, suspension, or expulsion from the School. Students and Parents must be aware that in certain circumstances where a crime has been committed, they may be subject to a criminal investigation by Police over which the School will have no control.